Monday, October 3, 2011

Thoughts on print

My kids are in high school. When they were much younger and I still worked in the business, they used to read the funnies in the newspaper everyday. But it has been a long time since we've received home delivery of a newspaper and they rarely if ever look at a newspaper anymore.

But a funny thing happened this weekend. The kids play soccer for Glacier High and one of the girl's picture appeared in the Daily Inter Lake Sunday. It was a nice, large color shot on the front of the sports section. It was a big deal, a big deal. Friends are saving extra copies for me and my daughter wants to send some to our out-of-state relatives.

It's interesting because I've taken thousands of fotos of them playing soccer over the years, and many of them have been posted on Facebook and shared among friends and family. And frankly I've taken plenty of fotos that were better, or at least more dramatic, than the one that appeared in the paper. Still, none of those fotos has generating anything like the excitement of appearing in the paper.

It's a shame that product is going away, as I am certain it will.

The Ink on Paper Quiz is open until Friday. I have one more post requiring a response form all of you on this topic planned for the week. I enjoyed your thoughtful posts on our most recent discussion thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment