Monday, September 26, 2011

I goofed (but no one said anything)

Over the weekend I received an e-mail from one of you. The student wrote that she hadn't been able to complete the Media Economics chapter quiz. I didn't get a chance to respond until today, and soon realized I'd never opened the quiz and no one has taken it yet. None of you were apparently eager to take a stab at the quiz and so I didn't get an earlier heads up.

In light of my faux pas, this is how we will proceed. The Media Econ quiz is now open, and will remain so until midnight Friday. I will also post a discussion thread tomorrow which you will all need to respond to by Friday. That discussion will be based on our supplemental readings from last week on media econ.

The Unit 5 for this week and next is Chapter 4, Ink on Paper (also known as dead-tree media). You will notice that there are three PowerPoints for this chapter. The reason is that books, newspapers and magazines once all warranted their own chapters in earlier versions of our textbook. But that was then, and this is the digital age.

The quiz for Chapter 4 will be available at the end of the week and you will have until the following Friday (Oct. 7) to complete it. I will not assign any additional readings this week as the stuff we covered last week segues nicely with Chapter 4. There will be some new material next week in which I hope to build on our discussions regarding the fate of Ink on Paper.

Again, sorry about any confusion this may have caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment